UW Data Science Seminar
The UW Data Science Seminar is an annual lecture series at the University of Washington that hosts scholars working across applied areas of data science, such as the sciences, engineering, humanities and arts along with methodological areas in data science, such as computer science, applied math and statistics. This seminar is currently organized and hosted by the eScience Institute and the Engineering Data Science Institute (EDSI). Learn more here.
- “Applications of a Robust Framework for NeuroImaging Based Experimental Routines (FIBER) for Integrating Domain and Data Science” by Hawley Helmbrecht (UW, Chemical Engineering)
- “Reading Between the Lines: Mining, Normalization and Modeling of Scientific Text for the Discovery of Novel Functional Compounds” by Orion Dollar (UW, Clean Energy Institute)
- “No evidence of arctic-boreal lake greening” by Catherine Kuhn (UW, Environmental Sciences)
- “Applications of Adaptive Experimentation” by Lalit Jain (UW, Business)
- “Fast, Accurate, and Fully Automated Protein Complex Structure Prediction from 3D Cryo-EM and Sequence” by Dong Si, Assistant Professor, Computing and Software Systems at UW Bothell
- “Identifying Coronavirus Disinformation Online” and “eiCompare: Making Every Vote Count” 2020 Data Science for Social Good Projects
Northwest Data Science Seminar Series
The 2020 Northwest Data Science Seminar Series (NDSSS) was a collaboration between the eScience Institute at the University of Washington, the Data Science Institute at the University of British Columbia and EDSI. The seminar series featured early career data science researchers as they presented their latest work.
Sensors and Data
Catherine Kuhn (Evironmental Sciences, UW) and Trevor Campbell (Statistics, UBC).
Data and Privacy
Lalit Jain (Business, UW) and Mathias Lecuyer (Computer Science, UBC).
Statistical and Machine Learning
Amy Willis (Biostatistics, UW) and Ben Bloem-Reddy (Statistics, UBC).
EDSI Faculty Videos
Several faculty members of the Engineering Data Science Institute also have seminars and lectures available online: